I loved lemons, whether in zest, juice, or wedges.
How about we try to use lemon to make a healthy dinner with chicken breast tonight?
Let’s go ahead to get the ingredients in preparing this best high-protein lemon garlic chicken breast recipe.
It takes you about 10 minutes of cooking time and loads of nutrition too.
What Are The Ingredients?
* 3 – 4 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced.
* Half a pound of green beans, nicely trimmed.
* Half a cup of Brussels sprouts.
* A pound of lean chicken breast cutlets. (High protein)
* One teaspoon of lemon zest, grated.
* One teaspoon of Kosher salt.
* Half teaspoon of ground pepper.
* One teaspoon of fresh thyme, nicely chopped.
* Two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
* One tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.
* 1/4 cup of chicken broth.
* 1/4 cup of pine nuts, toasted.
* 1/4 cup of dry white wine.
You can use either green beans or brussels sprouts if you like, but I chose to have both of them instead.
If you choose only one of these green veggies, use a pound of green beans or a full cup of brussels sprouts.
Kosher salt is important for making your Brussels sprouts tastier.
Dry white wine such as Vermentino, Cabernet Franc, Pinot Grigio, or Sauvignon Blanc is great for sauteing, splashing, and sipping.
If you can marinade the chicken breast overnight or a few hours before cooking, with half a tablespoon of Kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon of ground pepper, it’s even better.
Remember to wash and clean the brussels sprouts and cut off the stem on each of the sprouts. It should be cut in half lengthwise and make sure you removed the yellow or damaged leaves.
How To Make It?
1. Get ready for the pan, add one tablespoon of olive oil, and preheat with medium heat.
2. Cook the chicken on each side for about 4 minutes, ensuring both sides is well cooked. Transfer to a plate and set it aside.
3. Now, add the remaining olive oil, green beans, and brussels sprouts to the pan.
4. Sprinkle with the rest of the ground pepper and salt. Let it cook undisturbed for about two minutes.
5. Stir them well occasionally until it looks tender-crisp and caramelized.
6. Time to stir in the fresh thyme, sliced garlic, and lemon zest and cook for about a minute or two, or until fragrant.
7. Add the broth, lemon juice, white wine, and the chicken into the pan, cook, and stir occasionally for about a minute or at least until the sauce liquid is reduced by half.
8. Finally, remove from the heat and transfer to the plate.
Voila …. garnish on top with pine nuts and thyme leaves, if you like.
This recipe is good for one serve.
My Quick Health Nutrition Facts For This Recipe
Ok, let’s find out some nutrition health facts that you can have from this high-protein lemon garlic chicken breast recipe.
* Kosher salt is very low in cholesterol and saturated fats. Mainly consist of sodium chloride.
One teaspoon of kosher salt contains about 1,120mg of Sodium. A (1.5g) of Kosher salt contains zero fats and calories, Cholesterol, Carbohydrates, Proteins, vitamin D, and minerals (Potassium, Calcium, Iron)
Some potential health benefits are promoting healthy digestion, oral health, and reducing high blood pressure.
* Brussels sprouts are packed with fiber, Omega-3 fatty acids, and many vitamins and minerals. In general, this veggie once sauteed will have crisp, tender, and caramelized on the outside but firm inside.
This crunchy veggie may help in protecting many types of cancer such as prostate, bladder, breast, lungs, or stomach. Also very rich in vitamin K, antioxidants that help to fight off inflammation, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol.
According to the USDA FoodData Central, a half-cup (78g) of cooked brussels sprouts gives you Fiber 2g, Protein 1.99g, Carbs 5.5g, Calcium 28mg, Potassium 247mg, and vitamin K 109ug.
* Green beans are high in minerals and vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin K, folate, and calcium. They are very low in calories and fat content.
Some of the potential health benefits of green beans are improving heart health through a high content of flavonoids by lowering the LDL bad cholesterol levels, repairing damaged cells from its rich source of antioxidants, and protecting gut function through fiber helping in the proper digestive system.
A 100g of raw green beans gives you Fiber 2.7g, Calcium 37mg, vitamin C 12.2mg, Folate 33ug, vitamin A 35ug, and vitamin K 43ug. For more nutritional info, go to the USDA FoodData Central.
* Lemon does contain Vitamin C and a small amount of calcium. Lemon raw juice is also a good source of fiber in helping digestion, detox, reducing constipation, and weight loss. A fluid ounce of lemon raw juice has Calcium 1.83mg, Vitamin C plus other nutrient values. For more nutrient value, visit the USDA Food Data Central.
Of course, you don’t eat a lemon as in like eating an apple or orange. You just need to add a few thin slices (depending on your tolerance of its tangy taste) of lemon into a glass of warm water and drink it before bed or first thing in the morning after waking up (Drink with an empty stomach).
Isn’t this lemon garlic chicken breast recipe easy and quick to make? It is high in protein and low in carbs. Try to make it for your dinner tonight.
If you have any questions, let me know in your comment below and I will be back within 24 hours.
Have Another Superb Exercise At Home!
***This post may contain affiliate links or advertisements. I receive a small commission when you make a purchase using the links. Prices are the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link. Please see my Affiliate Disclaimer for more details.