Today, let’s try and make a quick simple yet healthy tortilla wrap for lunch.
Not many ingredients are needed and literally only take less than five minutes of your time.
Vegans especially will gonna love this best homemade corn tortilla recipe with avocado and hummus.
What Are The Ingredients?
Basically, all you need are:
* Quarter of fresh avocado, thinly sliced.
* 1/3 cup of fresh baby spinach (you can also use sprouts or lettuce if you like)
* 3 tablespoons of hummus.
* 3 – 4 slices of fresh tomato.
* 1 corn tortilla wrap.
* 3 – 4 slices of cucumber.
This serves one person.
How To Prepare This?
1. Bring the tortilla to room temperature.
2. Spread the hummus down in the middle of the wrap.
3. Then, arrange nicely all the avocado, baby spinach, tomato, and cucumber on top of the hummus.
4. Slowly fold up the tortilla gently.
There you have it, the Avocado tortilla with hummus is ready for lunch or snacks.
My Quick Nutrition Facts Of This Recipe
Isn’t that is so simple to make this corn tortilla?
Ok, let’s find out some nutrition health facts you can have from this recipe.
1. Avocado. Absolutely cholesterol-free, gluten-free, high in fiber, and low in sodium.
Do you know that an average size avocado consists of protein (2.7g), carbs (12g), fiber (9.2g), monounsaturated fat (21g), and calories (227)?
2. Hummus. This Middle Eastern dip contains a great source of fiber which helps to improve the digestive system.
A tablespoon (16g) of serving will give you (3g) carbs, (0.9g) fiber, (1.2g) protein, low calories 39, and total fat of 2.7g (including saturated fat of 0.4g).
Hummus is naturally gluten-free, dairy-free, and nut-free which is good for individuals with certain allergies or intolerances to nuts or dairy. It is great for any wraps, and good in the fridge for up to 7 days if covered well.
3. Spinach are green plants loaded with antioxidants and tonnes of nutrients.
Putting spinach in your regular diet may help to improve eyes sight, prevent potential cancer, reduce your stress, improve digestion, prevent constipation(#Ad), and control blood pressures level.
Over 90% of raw spinach contents are water, calories 23, proteins (3g), carbs (3.6g), fiber (2.2g), fat (0.4g), and, mostly fructose and glucose types of sugar (0.4g).
4. Tortilla wraps are generally made from grain such as wheat or corn.
The healthier option will be corn tortillas which consist of fiber, whole grains plus some nutrients and are generally low in calories and fats than the flour tortillas. A typical 10-inch of tortilla may contain around 200 calories.
I do hope you have a useful insight into this healthy tortilla.
If you have any questions, let me know in your comment below and I will respond back within 24 hours.
Have A Wonderful Exercise At Home!
***This post may contain affiliate links or advertisements. I receive a small commission when you make a purchase using the links. Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link. Please see my Affiliate Disclaimer for more details.