A treadmill can certainly help you to lose weight.
Working out on a treadmill is good for your overall cardiovascular health.
Can a treadmill help to reduce belly fat to achieve your fitness goals?
Let’s find out more.
An Overview On A Treadmill Workout
It is all about the cardio workout on a treadmill.
A good cardio workout will enable you to reap many health benefits like:
* increase your stamina
* boosting the immune system
* strengthening your heart, reducing the risk of heart diseases
* lose weight or maintain a healthy weight.
Whether you are going to walk or run ( both give you the same benefits ) on a treadmill to reduce those belly fat, it mostly depends on your fitness and health goals too.
Walking on a treadmill overall helps you to maintain a healthy weight. If you are new to workout, walking is a good start to lose weight but at a slow pace. Besides, this exercise can also boost your heart rate and more energy.
Meanwhile, if you are looking for a faster way to burn off unwanted belly fat, you can run on a treadmill. It is much faster and effective to lose weight than walking. Running burns almost double of calories than walking!
How Can You Lose Belly Fat With A Treadmill?
This question has been asked often and hopefully, the below will answer them.
A 30-minute walking on a treadmill per day is enough?
Although it is not specifically targeting the belly, but overall of the body fat. It works even faster if you combined together with a healthy diet and some strength exercise along the way. This is vital to achieving a healthy weight.
The calories burned during the 30 minutes treadmill workout really depend on your weight, the intensity and the speed of your walking.
Can you burn 500 calories in 30 minutes with a treadmill?
Generally, you need to burn 3,500 calories in order to lose a pound of fat.
Burning 500 calories or more in 30 minutes with a steady pace running is achievable, depending on the distance covered. However, it doesn’t make any difference in calories burned if you are running faster though!
A study has shown that running a mile at a faster pace still burns roughly the same amount of calories as running steadily.
Is the 12-3-30 treadmill workout work for your waistline?
12-3-30 treadmill workout is simply translated as setting the incline level to 12, walking continuously for 3 miles, in 30 minutes!
This treadmill incline workout method is pretty intense and you need to be sure that you have all the intensity ready to avoid any possible injury or straining the joints or muscles.
If you are a newbie, you should start by walking on flat ground for 30 minutes.
Work it up until you are feeling progress or mastered the walking. Then, start with 2 or 3 incline levels and walk for 5 – 10 minutes. You can set a goal to reach the 30 minutes benchmark.
Another trick is to increase the incline to 10% every week.
No rush or hurry, it takes some time to progress, in weeks or months.
12-3-30 treadmill workouts shouldn’t be doing on a daily basis. It is good to be substitute with other weight training workouts for maximum result.
If you still consider reducing belly fat with this method, my advice again is to start all the way up to this level.
In the end, you just want to trim down your waistline right?
How To Maximize Calories Burn With A Treadmill?
To maximize the calories burn on your belly, try these six steps on a treadmill.
Step One – Set the inclines at 0%. With your chest up, abs in, and shoulder back, walk for two minutes with the speed rate at 3.5 mph. Walking in long strides.
Step Two – With the incline still at 0%, increase the speed rate to 4 mph for two minutes. This time, swing your arms so that your body can adjust quickly while concentrating on breathing.
Step Three – Reduce the speed back to 3.5 mph and walk quicker for three minutes, incline at 4%. Ensure to breathe deeply from your belly.
Step Four – An incline set at 6% and walk for three minutes at 3.5 mph. Give a count from 1 – 100 for that extra energy boost for the heart and lungs workout.
Step Five – Now, jog for two minutes at 4.5 mph with a 4% incline. To reduce the stress on the joints while jogging, try to land on the ball of each foot.
Step Six – Finally, walking in long strides again for two minutes at 0% inclines and 3.5 mph.
As you can see here, there are interval steps of walking and running on the treadmill, totaled 14 minutes.
This is great to burn calories in just less than 15 minutes, isn’t it?
Try this treadmill workout method at home.
Get From AMAZON / NordicTrack T Series Treadmill + 30-Day iFIT Membership
How HIIT On A Treadmill Can Lose Weight/Belly Fat? READ MORE!
What is HIIT?
It stands for High-Intensity Interval Training, emphasizing short and intense activities to the maximum, followed by a low-intensity workout or resting.
This is one of the best and faster ways to burn stubborn fat and build muscles too.
And if you are a beginner, using interval training on a treadmill will have your muscles working hard well.
Why HIIT? To simplify it without boring you with the science LOL,
* FACT! You can burn fat during and after a workout. This is because the high intensity during the workout is forcing your body to consume more oxygen in order to burn more calories.
Your body will still continue to burn fat for some time AFTER a workout, thanks to the increase in metabolism caused by the EFOC ( Effect Post Exercise Oxygen Consumption ) effect.
* You will not get bored easily as you are busy bumping up the intensity and monitoring the timer. Forget about your social media chats or Tv for a moment.
* It is considered an efficient workout that can fit into any busy’s schedule. Imagine with the right treadmill workout with HIIT, you can easily burn calories in 30 minutes compared to an hour of low intensity or steady exercise.
ADVERTISEMENT ===>>> Get From Amazon.
1) Suitable for ‘entry-level’.
2) For Best Walking Treadmill.
You can start HIIT on a treadmill for a 20-minutes session. Typically, HIIT is quite a short cardio workout which is why is incredibly popular now for busy professionals.
Follow these steps when on a treadmill.
Step one – Warm up by steady ( slow or moderate ) walking for 2 minutes is a must. Speed set at 3.
Step two – This is your first high-intensity interval. The speed is at 7 – 9 mph ( depends on your intensity level ), run in fast jog mode for 30 seconds.
Step three – Then, drop the speed back to 3 mph and walk slowly again for one minute.
Step four – Continue the interval step ‘one to three’ for 20 minutes.
Step five – At the end of the 20 minutes session, speed fix at 3 mph and walk slow for 2 minutes. This is a ‘cooling down the body’ step.
As simple as that! If you feel that 20 minutes is pretty tense, to begin with, aim for 10 -15 minutes and slowly gain the endurance from there.
Try it if you are still in doubt!
Don’t leave yet, I have added a few more EXTRA value reads.
Keep reading, just two minutes more!
Health Precautions Tips before doing HIIT on a treadmill
1. Important to stay hydrated all the time prior to beginning HIIT exercise. HIIT is a high-intensity workout.
2. If you are underweight or obese, or very new to workout, always consult with your healthcare expert before jumping into this workout. Not all individual has a base fitness level.
Plus, for people with medical conditions that may cause a sudden increase in heart rates, HIIT will not work out for them.
3. Always do a short warm-up on a treadmill like a 2 minutes slow walk. This is to ensure that your muscles are properly warmed up and loose. HIIT is known to put more stress on the muscles and body.
The Good And Bad For Treadmill Workout?
If you have not got one at home now, take a read of this before you decide in getting one.
What are the advantages?
1. Most of this equipments are easy to control the speed, duration, warm-up, cool down, and incline level.
2. Jogging or running on a treadmill will burn more calories and faster heartbeat than other cardio workouts.
3. Treadmill doesn’t really take up a big chunk of space in your home, maybe a two-seaters couch space will do.
4. Offers different levels of intensities like slow walk, fast jogging, or high speed sprinting.
5. You can even watch your favorite movie at home while walking on a treadmill.
How about the cons of owning a treadmill?
1. This equipment can be very expensive if it has a lot of features. It can cost up to $3,000.00 or more. They are also cheaper of less than a thousand, but the features may be limited.
2. The noise coming from your walk or run on the treadmill ( if of a bad quality device ) can be loud and disturbing. Besides, the noise from its motor or the rotating belt can be noisy too.
3. They do need proper regular maintenance. Some manufacturers offer free after-sale service support for a certain period of time, but what if the warranty period is over?
4. Treadmill workout does offer a great way to lose weight, but only offers some limited exercises. While some manufacturers do feature subscription online home-based workout programs but may need monthly commitment enrolment.
What To Look For When Buying A Treadmill?
Getting a treadmill to work out at home is a good choice, especially when you don’t have much time to hit the gym or lack space for running or walking in the backyard.
The equipment can be very expensive and need much consideration before getting one.
Think of these several factors first:
1. Budget. How much are you willing to spend on a treadmill? A treadmill can be very pricey depending on its features.
It is important to get the best quality treadmill at a reasonable price, easy to use, and last long.
2. Horsepower (HP) motor. Always look for a continuous HP rating ( above 2.0 – 2.5 HP ) that will deliver a sustainable smooth and quiet normal use.
The quality of your workout got to do with the HP motor’s ability to cushion the shock and the stability of the belt during the impact force of landings.
3. Stability. The equipment should be stable all the time and not shaking easily when you walk or run on it.
4. Weight. Most treadmills can accommodate up to 135 kgs in weight. If you are larger in size, you need to look at the user’s maximum weight rating or check with the manufacturers.
5. Heart rate control. If you are aiming for weight loss, a treadmill should have this feature for heart rate monitoring by raising or lowering the intensity of the workout.
6. Running surface. The size of the surface will depend on whether you want to walk ( 40 cm width x 125 cm length ) OR run ( 43 cm width x 135 cm length ).
7. Running mat. The thicker the mat, the better quality for maximum endurance. It should consist minimum of 2 plies of the materials,
8. Mat rollers. Most manufacturers come with 5 cm rollers but you may want bigger rollers ( 6 cm ) for a smoother drive of the motor and running mat. The bigger the rollers are, the lesser the tension on the rollers, mat, and belts.
9. After-sales service support/ Warranty. If there is a lifetime warranty for the frame and motor parts would be better. Generally, they will have between 5 – 10 years warranty period. Make sure the spare parts and labor warranty are included within the covered period.
10. Other features such as the incline and decline settings ( normally between 5 – 15% ) for challenge level should be considered too.
Do read and understand the manual book to get familiarize yourself with the equipment.
My Impressions On Treadmill Workout To Reduce Belly Fat
A treadmill workout is no doubt one of the most popular ways to get in shape at home.
It is indeed a significant piece of a device for burning belly fat, at your own pace!
This feeling is completely not the same as walking or running outside.
Opss, don’t get me wrong here, it is a good alternative for outdoor exercise when you need to be indoor for certain reasons.
Numerous studies had shown that shorter, moderate, longer, or vigorous-intensity workouts on a treadmill are effective for losing weight.
If you don’t have that hour-long time to burn fat, start with a 15-minute session of HIIT workout and slowly work it up. Or combined with strength training, it works very well too in supporting calorie burning.
Talk to your certified personal trainer if you are still not sure how to achieve your fitness goals using a treadmill. They can help you to plan a treadmill weight loss program.
Please do leave me a comment below and I’ll be happy to interact back in within 24 hours.
Happy & Safe Exercise At Home!
###The links contained in this post may result in a small commission if you opt to purchase the product recommended at NO additional cost to you. Please see our Affiliate Disclaimer for more details.