Thinking of what quickie bites to make for this coming festive season?
How about this delicious healthy easy brie bruschetta with pomegranate and cranberry served on toasted baguettes?
Great for families and friends gathering parties.
Let’s get to the recipe now.
What Are The Ingredients?
Get prepared with these ingredients,
* Half cup of freshly chopped cranberries.
* A quarter cup of fresh pomegranate seeds.
* 1 -2 tablespoons of freshly scraped orange zest.
* 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped basil leaves.
* 2 tablespoons of sugar.
* A loaf of French baguette toast, cut into 15 slices diagonally.
* One log of brie cheese, cut into 15 small slices (fits on top of the baguette).
* Ground pepper and salt to taste.
* Olive oil.
You can use the frozen cranberries but be sure it is defrosted well.
Refined sugar substitution such as ‘low-carb sweeteners’ Stevia, Sucralose, Xylitol, Erythritol, or Yacon syrup is a great choice. Ensure the measurement is equivalent to two tablespoons of sugar except for Stevia sweetener (Why? Read below).
How To Make It?
1. In a medium-size bowl, mix well pomegranate seeds, chopped cranberries, orange zest, sugar, and salt together.
2. Get the oven heated to 350′ F.
3. Meanwhile, put the baking paper onto the baking tray.
4. Then, brush both sides of the baguette slices with a light coat of olive oil. Sprinkle also both sides of the baguette slices with ground pepper.
5. Bake for about 4 minutes and turn to the other side and continue baking for about 8 -10 minutes.
6. Put the brie cheese slices on top of each baguette slice and bake for another 4 – 5 minutes or until the cheese is softened.
7. Final step is to put the chopped basil leaves into the mixture and then spoon on top of the toasted bruschetta.
Tada …. ready to serve while it’s still warm!
My Quick Nutrition Health Facts For This Recipe
This easy-to-make recipe should serve for 15 servings and the overall time to complete from preparing till to serving is about 40 – 45 minutes.
Let’s quickly dive into the nutrition facts of this healthy brie bruschetta recipe.
* If you are using low-carb sweetener to substitute refined sugar, note the potential health impact on our blood sugar level.
Stevia is globally approved, has no impact on blood sugar, use widely in baking, and no major side effects have been reported. It has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant activities, and help in controlling blood sugar level.
Erythritol sweeteners are gut-friendly sugar alcohols that also have no impact on sugar and it said to aid in the digestive system. It is widely considered the easiest sugar alcohol for the smallest intestine (90%) in the body to digest. Also, use in the baking process as they are heat stable.
Note: Stevia can only be added a few drops in food preparation as it is a lot sweeter than sugar (300 times sweeter!) while Erythritol sweetness is about 60 – 80% than sugar. Please refer to your healthcare experts for advice should you have any medical conditions prior to using these sweeteners as a substitution for refined sugar.
* Cranberries like other berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries) has a high level of anti-oxidant content that protects your body cells from those harmful radical roaming inside your body. It helps to prevent heart disease, regulate your blood sugar, fight against urinary tract infections.
* Do you know pomegranate fruits boast an incredible amount of health benefits to your body? Loaded with antioxidants to fight off free radicals inside your body and studies have also shown it has more antioxidant compounds than green tea.
Great sources of fiber, vitamin C, E, calcium, protein, selenium and zinc. Its seed or juice help in fighting high blood pressure, heart-related diseases, lowering cholesterol level, treating joint pain and arthritis, reducing stress levels, enhancing good digestion and many more.
A half-cup (87g) of fresh pomegranate seeds or sacs gives you Protein 1.45g, Carbs 16g, Fiber 3.5g, Calcium 8.7g, Potassium 205mg, Selenium 0.44ug. For more info on nutrient data, get it from the USDA link.
* Brie cheese has a good source of proteins, low in carbohydrates, and fats (including saturated fats) but is healthier than other types of cheese. It is also high in vitamin B12, phosphorus, calcium, selenium and amino acids needed for the body.
As it is high in calcium, brie cheese is beneficial in preventing osteoporosis, stronger bones, and dental health while vitamin B12 is important for the health of the nerves and red blood cells.
An ounce of brie cheese gives you Protein 5.9g, Calories 94.7, Carbs 0.13g, Calcium 52mg, Phosphorus 53.3mg, Vitamin b12 0.47ug, fatty acids (saturated) 4.9g. For more info on nutrient data, get it from the USDA link.
There you have it, folks, try to make this healthy bruschetta recipe this coming weekend!
If you have any comments, leave them below and I will be back within 24 hours.
To your awesome home workout!
***This post may contain affiliate links or advertisements. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission when you make a purchase using the links. Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through to the link. Please see my Affiliate Disclaimer for more details.