Fancy a healthy granola breakfast after your morning home workout?
Why not make a slight change to try this one?
This super easy granola recipe with yogurt for breakfast makes your day full of energy.
What Are The Ingredients?
Get ready with these ingredients.
* Two cups of ‘rolled oats‘ (160g).
* Berries of your choice, fresh or defrost. In this recipe, I’m going to use a few thinly sliced strawberries and a quarter cup of cranberries.
* One tablespoon of natural honey (optional)
* Half cup each for 1) maple syrup and 2) low-fat milk.
* Quarter cup each for 1) vegetable oil, 2) desiccated coconut, 3) sliced almonds, and 4) Greek yogurt.
How To Make It?
1. Preheat the oven to about 190’C.
2. Mix well all the granola ingredients (except the honey, sliced strawberries, cranberries, yogurt, and milk) in a bowl.
3. Spread it well on a tray.
4. Bake the granola for about ten minutes. You need to remove it from the oven and toss it to the other side.
5. Bake again for another ten minutes.
6. Off the heat. Put the granola into a bowl.
7. Pour the milk over the granola. Add the yogurt on top and then, with the berries and honey as garnishing.
Ready to serve on the table!
My Quick Health Nutrition Facts For This Recipe
There you have it again, another simple and healthy granola breakie after your morning workout.
Let’s find out some nutrition from this recipe that benefits your health.
* rolled oats or called ‘old-fashioned oats’ are made from oats groats that have been dehusked, steamed, and rolled into flakes.
It has a soluble fiber called beta-glucans helping to control blood sugars and cholesterol and supporting the healthy growth of good bacteria in the gut.
Ensure the oats that you purchase is ‘gluten free’ (NO cross-contamination during the production)
A cup of rolled oats (80g) served 266 Calories, 54g Carbs, 2.1g Fat, 9g Protein, 9.6g Fiber, and vitamin B6 & E (19%). For more data nutrients facts, visit the USDA link.
* maple syrup is made from the sugary sap of a few species of maple trees, mostly in part of Canada.
If the syrup is taken in the correct amount, may help to reduce inflammation, regulate blood sugar levels, and healthy immune system.
A tablespoon (20g) of natural maple syrup will give you Calcium 20mg, high in Potassium 42mg, Carbs 13g, Natural sugar 12g, and Magnesium 4.2mg. For more data on nutrients, visit the USDA
* plain Greek yogurt is a nutrient-packed snack made by straining out the extra whey in the normal yogurt. It contains high protein and less sugar than normal yogurt.
Greek yogurt has great health benefits such as boosting metabolism, improving health gut and bone, reducing appetite and hunger, lowering blood pressure, and many more.
A 100g per serving will give you Protein 10g, Carbs 3.6g, high in Phosphorus and Potassium minerals, and Choline components 15mg. For more data on nutrients, visit the USDA link.
I hope you will gain some valuable resources from this recipe.
Try it and you will want to make it again.
Let me know in your comment below if you have and I will reply back within 24 hours.
Have A Fantastic Home Workout!
***This post may contain affiliate links or advertisements. I receive a small commission when you make a purchase using the links. Prices are the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link. Please see my Affiliate Disclaimer for more details.