In this episode, let’s try making simple healthy homemade oatmeal cookies with NO sugar added.
Yes, we can substitute refined sugar with mashed bananas and chopped dates for this recipe. These are all-natural sweetness, awesome aren’t they?
Let’s jump into it now.
What Are The Ingredients?
You will be needing the following:
* Two medium-ripe bananas.
* Two large eggs.
* One teaspoon vanilla extract.
* 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Kosher salt is great.
* 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
* 3/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon powder.
* One cup of oat flour.
* 1.5 cups of quick-cooking oats.
* Half cup of unsweetened coconut, shredded.
* 3/4 cup of chopped dates.
* 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil.
1. For dates, you can use Medjool or raisins.
2. If you are using the Medjool dates, be sure to soak them in hot water for about 10 minutes until they become soft and easy to chop.
3. You can also use unsalted butter, instead of coconut oil.
4. This recipe should give you around 10 – 15 cookies, depending on your preferred cookie size.
How To Make It?
1. Preheat the oven to about 350’F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, gather all the powdered and granular ingredients and mix them well.
3. Meanwhile, in another smaller bowl, mash the bananas until creamy texture, then add the coconut oil, vanilla extract, and eggs, and whisk them well altogether.
4. Now, add all the dry ingredients, dates, and shredded coconut to the banana mixture. Stir well or until the mixture is combined well.
5. Using a tablespoon, roll the dough into cookie size balls and place them onto the baking sheet. Don’t forget to use a fork to slightly flatten the cookies.
6. Start baking for about 15 minutes. When ready, the texture should be firm to the touch and have a light brown color at the bottom.
Take them out of the oven and leave them to cool down.
Tada … serving now to your loved ones while watching your favorite Netflix.
My Quick Nutrition Health Facts For This Recipe
Noting that people who have allergies to gluten should ensure that the oat flours and oats are labeled gluten-free.
Now, let’s quickly dive into the nutrition facts of these simple homemade oatmeal cookies with NO sugar added.
1. Medjool dates are a good source of fiber which helps in controlling digestion sugar in the blood sugar level. Originally from Morocco, these natural sweetness dates are typically sold dried, sticky, and with a soft texture.
A 100g of Medjool dates consisting of Calories 277, Fiber 6.7g, Natural sugar 67g, Calcium 64mg, high Potassium 696mg, Beta Carotene 89ug. For more nutrient facts, go to the USDA Food data central.
2. Oats are high in fiber which is good for digestion, have low-fat content, and are good for (#Ad)healthy weight loss, protect the heart from cardio-related diseases, and lower cholesterol.
An ounce of rolled oats bran consisting of Calories 67, Protein 2.7g, Carbs 11g, Fiber 1.2g, Calcium 24mg, Niacin 1.4mg, Folate 39.7ug. For more nutrient facts, go to the USDA Food data central.
3. Bananas are a super healthy source of potassium, fiber, antioxidants, and vitamins B6 & C. As it is high in potassium and antioxidants, banana helps in regulating normal blood pressure and good heart health.
Very good for the digestive system as banana ( especially the unripe ones ) contains a good amount of resistant starch and pectin. These dietary fibers are vital for supporting the growth of good gut bacteria.
4. Cinnamon powder. Brown in color and made from the bark of tropical trees with a sweet taste and sharp pungent flavor. It is available in many groceries stores in packets.
This powder is rich in magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, carbohydrates, and other nutrients. It helps to boost your immunity system and is anti-bacterias to fight certain infections caused by microorganisms, plus contains many anti-cancer substances to protect your body from potential health risks.
A teaspoon of cinnamon powder will give you little Calories 6, Fat 0.3g, Carbs 2.1g, Calcium 26mg, Magnesium, and Phosphorous each 2mg, and many more. For more data nutrients, visit the USDA.
If you have any comments, leave them below and I will speed back within 24 hours.
Have another fantastic home workout success!
***This post may contain affiliate links or advertisements. I receive a small commission when you make a purchase using the links. Prices are the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link. Please see my Affiliate Disclaimer for more details.