Fancy making delicious Korean beef with rice?
Instead of using the traditional white rice, and if you are worried about the bad carbs, why not shift to using cauliflower rice? I’m sure this is perfect as a white rice substitution.
How to make the best Korean beef with cauliflower rice recipe within 30 minutes?
Let’s get moving now.
What Are The Ingredients?
You are going to need this,
* 2 cups of cooked cauliflower rice.
* A pound of lean ground beef (cut into thin slices).
* 3 gloves of fresh chopped garlic.
* Couple of thin slices of fresh young ginger.
* 2 teaspoons of sesame oil.
* 1/4 cup of low-sodium soya sauce.
* 1/4 teaspoons of red pepper flakes (for the spicy taste).
* 1 teaspoon of honey (substitution of refined sugar).
* Quinoa as a topping for extra added protein & fiber nutrition.
1. Using the low-sodium soya sauce will ensure your ground beef from becoming too salty.
2. Garlic and ginger in Asian cooking will enhance the intense flavor during stirring.
3. Don’t underestimate the sesame oil in Asian cooking, it gives a very good aroma and flavor to any dish.
4. Cooked cauliflower rice if put in a sealed container in the fridge can last for about 4 -5 days.
5. Whether you are using a box grater or food processor to grate the cauliflower into rice, remember to transfer the rice to a clean paper towel to remove any excess moisture by pressing it onto them.
6. You can add a fried egg or broccoli on top of this dish as extra toppings too.
7. Optional – 1 teaspoon of rice vinegar (if you like the acidity and sour taste).
How To Make It?
1. In a large pan, saute the cauliflower rice with a teaspoon of sesame oil on medium heat. Then cover with a lid so the steams will make the rice more tender. Cook for about 5 – 6 minutes and set it aside in 4 small bowls.
2. Now, on the same pan, saute the ground beef with the remaining sesame oil, garlic, and ginger. Stir them well until the beef is cooked well (no more pinkish color).
3. Add the soya sauce, honey, and red pepper flakes to the beef. Stir and saute them well together.
4. Off the heat and distribute the beef on top in all the 4 bowls. Sprinkle with white sesame seeds, green onions, and quinoa if you like.
Dig in now while it is hot.
This recipe will serve about 4 people.
My Quick Nutrition Health Facts For This Recipe
Let’s quickly dive into the nutrition facts of the best Korean beef with cauliflower rice recipe.
1. Caulifower is so rich in antioxidants. Do you know antioxidants are crucial in fighting free radical particles which potentially be harmful to our body cells? This will prevent your body from many health risks such as cancer.
Cauliflower is also rich in calcium nutrient vital in maintaining stronger bones and teeth and help to regulate your muscles and heartbeat normally.
Having cauliflower in your regular diet can help a lot in your digestive system because of the high fiber nutrient, soluble or non-soluble in the cauliflower.
Not only that, the vitamin C in cauliflower also helps to protect your immune system in great shape.
A 100g of cauliflower, cooked, boiled, and drained without salt gives you Calories 23, Protein 1.84g, Fiber 2.3g, Carbs 4.1g, Calcium 16mg, Vitamin C 44mg, and Folate 44ug. Get more nutrient info from the USDA Food Data Central.
2. Quinoa is considered a good source of nearly complete protein and fiber nutrients. It is categorized as whole grain and with a low glycemic index.
This edible seed like the barley or oats has many health benefits such as supporting your digestive system thanks to its high fiber content, and high antioxidants to fight inflammation, thanks to its flavonoid compounds.
Quinoa is basically naturally gluten-free grains and a good diet for people with gluten intolerance.
A 100g of cooked quinoa gives you Protein 4.4g, Fiber 2.8g, Carbs 21g, Calcium 17mg, and Folate 42ug. Check for more nutrient info from the USDA Food Data Central.
There you go, folks!
Try making one over this weekend.
If you have any comments, please leave them below and I will be back within 24 hours.
To your awesome home exercise success!
***This post may contain affiliate links or advertisements. I receive a small commission when you make a purchase using the links. Prices are the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link. Please see my Affiliate Disclaimer for more details.