- What Are The Causes Of Low Testosterone In Men?
- What Are The Main Symptoms Of Low Testosterone In Men?
- How Can Men Increase Their Low Testosterone Naturally?
- Best Natural Testosterone Booster For Men Over 50
- What Kind Of Food Help To Increase Low Testosterone?
- Are There Any Natural Exercises To Boost Testosterone Level?
- Can Women Detect Via Smell Of Testosterone Level In Men?
No jokes, testosterone hormones are important for both sexes, especially men which is their main sex hormone.
This hormone is well related to men’s mood, sex drive, and puberty and is vital for the human body to function efficiently in building new tissues.
Nowadays, not only elder men are experiencing low testosterone (testosterone deficiency), but also boys or young men due to many reasons such as genetics or lifestyles.
How can men increase their testosterone levels?
What is the best natural testosterone booster for men over 50?
Let’s dig deeper here.
What Are The Causes Of Low Testosterone In Men?
In general, men’s testosterone levels that fell below 300 nanograms per deciliter of blood are at risk and could be diagnosed with low testosterone.
This can lead to a few health problems such as heart-related issues, osteoporosis, and type-2 diabetes.
What could have possibly caused the ‘Low T’ (hypogonadism(1)) in men of all ages?
1. Patients associated with type-2 diabetes diagnosis can result in low testosterone levels. A study has shown that 43% of patients with this diabetes have low testosterone levels due to insulin resistance and bad glycemic control(2) (blood glucose level control of diabetic patients).
2. Genetics. Irregularities in a single gene (called SHBG) found in X-Chromosome could contribute to low testosterone in men. This has been found from a study and data collected from over 14,400 men, conducted at the University of Gothenburg and the University of Greifswald, Sweden.
3. Lack of sleep can also cause a decrease in testosterone in men. Over time, a person which has an average sleeping time of 5 hours or less, will experience fatigue and stress from the cortisol hormones. This will result in a 10 – 15% drop in the ‘low T’ level.
4. Consuming high alcohol. This can be another cause of ‘low T’ level in men as alcohol affects the Leydig cells(3) in the testicles which are important in producing testosterone. Too much alcohol also puts more stress on the cortisol hormones resulting in decreasing in testosterone.
5. About 15% of cancer survivors experience drops in testosterone production after completing chemotherapy treatment. Cancer survivors under the age of 50 are experiencing long-term side effects such as fatigue, mood disorders, loss of libido, and muscle mass.
What Are The Main Symptoms Of Low Testosterone In Men?
Below are the most common signs and symptoms of men possibly diagnosed with low testosterone. Do take notice of them.
1. Change in sex drive or libido. Yes, the person will be having low libido in terms of desire to be intimate with his partner. Look for the telltale sign of a drastic drop in his libido.
However, not all men with low libido are necessarily having a ‘low T’ level. Noting that libido is different from one person to another.
2. Difficult in maintaining an erection. Or if at least getting an erection seems to be a problem during intimacy, chances are that the person could be having low testosterone.
This is due to a chemical molecule called nitric oxide is not triggered enough in the brain to stimulate the erection.
3. Smaller testicle size is a physical symptom that is telling you about this diagnosis. You can notice the sudden reduction in the testicular size.
4. Semen production is lower than usual during ejaculation in men could also indicate signs of low testosterone. Testosterone plays a significant role in producing semen.
If the reproductive system is not stimulated enough by the ‘T’, the seminal vesicles and prostate may be limited to secrete more fluids, resulting in lower semen output.
5. Unstable mood and memory. A more thorough study needs to conduct if lower testosterone levels in men are related to the memory effect. However, ‘low T’ in men is possibly the reason for mood swings such as lack of focus, depression, and irritation.
6. Loss of hair in men could possibly be a physical sign of a ‘low T’ diagnosis. In general, most men are experiencing a natural decline in testosterone hormones and hair loss as they are slowly aging.
However, some men are having hair loss at a much younger age and do not experience testosterone drops. These can be genetically related and quite difficult just to diagnose with hair loss.
7. Fatigue or easily feeling tired is one classic sign of low testosterone in men.
Even if you have plenty of rest every night but still feel tired all the time, seem cannot go through the day with the ‘go’ energy as before, or couldn’t work out more than usual, you should seek help from your doctor.
Remember that the testosterone hormone is helpful in building muscle mass and cardio strength. Low testosterone can result in the muscle mass being greatly reduced, thus, giving your body more fatigue and low energy level.
8. Loss of muscle mass will happen if a person is diagnosed with low testosterone for a longer time. Combining fatigue and lack of proper sleep is contributing to decreasing testosterone levels, and ultimately leads to loss of muscle mass in men of all ages.
How Can Men Increase Their Low Testosterone Naturally?
There are many natural ways to slow down the level of testosterone especially as the person’s age is going up.
Some are just daily lifestyle habits or activities routines to help in improving testosterone levels.
1. Getting enough sleep is no doubt the most important and common healthy practice for everyone. It does really help in maintaining testosterone levels in most men.
A study at the University of Chicago has shown a drop in testosterone levels up to 15% for making sleep less than 5 hours per night after just a week! In general, you should get at least 7- 8 hours of good sleep a night.
2. According to a study by the European Journal of Applied Physiology(4), staying active all the time through physical activities but not by overdoing, improved the ‘T’ hormones of the trainers.
3. Maintaining a healthy balanced diet is always an important factor in determining the overall health and well-being of a human body. This is also essential in improving testosterone levels in men.
The most recommended type of healthy nutritious diet is the foods that consist balance of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats. Besides helping in overall good health, it is also great in balancing all the hormone levels in the body, including testosterone hormones.
4. Research has shown that obese or overweight men have lower testosterone levels compared to non-overweight individuals. This suggested that exercises to lose weight are important to improve the ‘T’ levels for this category of men.
5. Reducing stress and tension will minimize the elevation of the cortisol hormones which can impact testosterone levels in men. High cortisol hormones may have significant changes in the men’s ‘T’ level.
Best Natural Testosterone Booster For Men Over 50
Testosterone boosters may or claim to help a certain degree in boosting testosterone or testosterone-related hormones in men.
It is believed to help in erectile dysfunction, boost sex drive, positive change in moods, increase muscle mass, and may even reduce heart-related issues.
Most of these ‘T’ boosters in the market are sex drive enhancers making users believe or assumed these boosters have a good effect on their testosterone level. In fact, it is the testosterone level that boosts the libido in men, not the other way round!
Anyway, these are my top three picks for testosterone boosters available in the market.
1. VigRX Plus(#Ad) is one of the most popular testosterone enhancer supplements for men above 21 – 60 plus. Now the newly added Bioperine, Damiana, and Tribulus ingredients give more extra power which resulted in many repeating orders from their customers.
The maker had claimed to use the right proportion of 9 herbal ingredients and clinically tested to support the men’s vitality. Widely considered as a market leader in men enhancer supplement products.
2. TestRX(#Ad) is a testosterone booster suitable for men over 50 to improve their libido and boost testosterone naturally. Also works great for athletes who want bigger muscles and to stay active.
Made of a combination of zinc, monomethionine, aspartate formulas, and fenugreek(5), a test has shown there is an increase of 30% in users’ testosterone levels, which resulted improve in their libido, muscle mass, and energy levels.
3. Testodren by PrimeGenix(#Ad) is clinically tested and the U.S patented all-natural men enhancement testosterone booster help men to increase their libido, building muscle mass and strength.
The maker claimed that their testosterone booster could help its users to improve the ‘T’ level up to nearly 73% in just 12 weeks! Recommended for men over 30 – 60 plus.
Warning: The US FDA agency has stated that all the easily abused testosterone boosters or anabolic steroids can cause health-related issues such as infertility, heart problems, or personality changes to its users. Do consult with your doctor before considering taking these supplements.
What Kind Of Food Help To Increase Low Testosterone?
Can foods help to boost the testosterone level in men? This is still a debated subject.
Nevertheless, if you think testosterone booster supplements are not your choice, you can try natural healthier ways instead.
You can consume food that is riches in zinc and magnesium which are vital minerals in helping to boost testosterone levels. Try fish, avocado, almonds, cashew, banana, peanuts, yogurt, and spinach which are great sources of magnesium.
Spinach, flax and pumpkins seeds, onions, garlic, fresh oysters, pomegranate fruit, eggs, and red meat are enriched with zinc minerals.
Can you eat eggs to increase your testosterone level?
Eggs are considered a very good source of food to help increase testosterone levels in men through synthesizing the cholesterol content in eggs to build testosterone.
This super inexpensive source of protein is also riches in vitamin D, fatty-acid and Omega-3 which are also crucial nutrient components for a body to function well.
Will fasting help to improve your testosterone level?
You can do that with intermittent fasting (IF).
A study has shown that ‘acute’ or short-term fasting help in boosting the metabolic rate(6) by over 10%, improving insulin resistance(7), and rapidly increasing testosterone level(8) by nearly 200%, especially in obese people.
Intermittent fasting also aids in enhancing growth hormone production(9) in the body which plays a significant role to build muscle mass, improving sleep and weight loss.
Are There Any Natural Exercises To Boost Testosterone Level?
You can try to do deadlifts, bench presses, and squats to boost your testosterone level.
Also, engage in heavy lifting with a short rep or lighter weights with a longer rep. However, a study has shown lifting heavy weights does boost better testosterone than lifting lightweight with longer repetition.
Don’t forget to rest in between set workouts. A longer rest time around 100 – 120 seconds is greater in increasing testosterone levels than a shorter resting period (10)
Are training your legs can increase testosterone levels?
Yes, when you are doing any weight exercises, don’t skip the lower body workout which is the legs.
Another study(11) has found that male trainer who is exercising both the upper and lower body will experience a better testosterone boost than those working on the upper body only at a session.
Can Women Detect Via Smell Of Testosterone Level In Men?
Research has shown, that depending on men’s cortisol and testosterone levels(12), fertile women tend to find the scent of men with higher testosterone to be more attractive and pleasant.
However, another result found that men with higher cortisol levels do not show any influence to women on the scent preference.
Nonetheless, it is still unclear if this hormone-related chemical called ‘androstenol’ is linked to men’s ‘masculine’ qualities.
My Overall Thoughts: Best Natural Testosterone Booster For Men Over 50
Testosterone hormone is certainly important for men’s overall health and well-being.
Generally, older men will naturally experience a higher risk of developing low testosterone as their age is increasing.
However, low testosterone levels also affected younger men, and if not treated may delay several ‘sexual characteristics’ such as penis and testicles growth, development of their libido, growth of the pubic hair and muscles, and their deep voices.
I know, testosterone is an important part of male sex hormones and is always good to maintain the maximum level of the ‘T’.
In my opinion, don’t just depend on changing your diet or taking testosterone boosters in hope of increasing your libido, muscle mass, or erectile function. Getting involved in regular fitness to build strength is also important in maintaining testosterone levels in men.
Get advice from your doctor on ways and safer guidelines on this subject.
Please leave a comment below if you have and I will be back within 24 hours.
To your awesome home exercise success!
***This post may contain affiliate links or advertisements. I receive a small commission when you make a purchase using the links. Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link. Please see my Affiliate Disclaimer for more details.