Are you still trying to get rid of that stubborn saggy belly for months?
A saggy belly could be the result of either you have lost lots of weight, post-pregnancy, or genetics-related.
Your abdominal muscles had already gone weak and you might want to shed off this extra layer of fat around the belly.
What is the best exercise to reduce saggy belly fat? Are there any effective ways to?
We will find out more.
Why Are Some People Having A Hard Time To Lose Saggy Belly?
I think mostly they do not have a better understanding of how to.
What makes the belly sagging like that?
It comes to two main factors – genetics and visceral body fat (translated as body fat stored deep inside the belly and surrounded by vital organs). Visceral body fat makes up around 1/10 (10 percent) of the total fat stored inside a human body. The rest of the 90 percent is subcutaneous fat.
When the visceral fat increases, it pushes and expands against the abdominal and makes it appear like a thick gut.
Other contributing factors to how the fat is distributed in the body are age, and hormones (testosterone, estrogen, insulin, and cortisol). For example, a high level of estrogen in the body can lead to higher fat storage.
A male with a low testosterone level tends to build more fat easily. While a female high in this hormone gets to build more fats.
Will The Saggy Belly Ever Go Away?
Having a good diet plan and regular exercise may be one of the options but it doesn’t help to make this saggy skin disappear! It works more in toning the abdominal area due to the two layers of fat inside the belly area.
Another option is the costly and quicker surgical abdominoplasty that could help especially after you’ve lost weight but still have these ‘extra flapping skins’ left.
Talk with your healthcare expert about these options.
Can You Get The Saggy Belly Toned?
Too bad, there is no perfect way to make these saggy skin around the tummy get toned!
The idea here is to get rid of the extra fat stored inside the belly.
You can try to minimize it by having a stricter diet by cutting down the carbohydrates a lot, plus effective aerobics workouts such as running, swimming, or biking to burn more calories.
Aerobic exercise and strength training are great ways to reduce the saggy belly.
An aerobics workout is helping with weight loss, while proper strength training is for tightening and building muscles in the abdomen area. Practice three times a week, you can at least see some result in minimizing the saggy tummy.
How Long It Takes To Tighten The Flabby Stomach?
Depending on an individual, the best way is to lose overall body fat instead of targeting a certain area such as the belly. This way you can at least stand a good chance of burning fat that comes from the belly.
Besides, the process of how quick or slow depends on these factors which are:
* gender (males tend to build more visceral body fat in the bellies than females)
* your daily activities
* the family history of obesity
What Are The Best Exercises To Reduce Saggy Belly Fat?
How can you possibly get rid of this stubborn saggy belly, at least minimize it?
Try these simple exercises at home to achieve a healthier flat tummy. You can do 8 to 10 reps for 3 to 4 sets each.
1. Plank. I like to do this whenever I have time. It is very easy and effective if you work it consistently. Your arms and shoulders are in action to keep your body still and steady, without any movement.
This exercise pulls your belly button to trigger the abdominal muscles. Rather than repetitions, I do as counting the time from 30 – 35 seconds or as long as you can stand it.
You can also do these,
1. a) Plank hip twist (swaying your hip side to side, 10 – 20 rep each side) or,
1. b) Plank with a knee-to-elbow exercise that challenges your back, core, and stomach. This high plank position required each leg lifted and the knee bent toward 90-degree until it touches the elbow and repeats the same for the other leg. Do 10 reps for each side.
2. Dead bugs. Another easy form and a great core stabilizer that works to reduce the belly fat area. The idea is to lie down on the back, both legs lifted and knees bent 90-degree ankle, with the arms extended and touching the thighs. Do 10 – 12 reps per set.
3. Swiss ball pike. If you have a Swiss ball (fit ball) at home, this high plank form works great for the abdominal muscles, upper body strength, and balance. With the legs straight without bending the knees, raise the hip as high as you can by rolling the ball towards your chest or until you reach a ‘V’ shape position. Start with 10 reps per set.
4. Woodchopper. This workout is great for core stability and toning the abs by moving or twisting the torso side to side. You need to hold a lighter-weight dumbbell in a standing position as you twist your torso to each side (with 10 – 15 reps on each side).
5. Ab wheel rollout. If you have one Ab roller at home, take advantage of it. This is a great tool for the abs, lower back muscles, and glute. The farther you can roll upwards, the better the abs muscles get tightened. 10 – 15 reps are ok to begin.
The Ab roller shouldn’t be causing pain on your shoulders. If you are just recovering from shoulders injuries, don’t extend your arms too straight.
6. Scissor kicks. The idea is to lift one leg and simultaneously lower the other leg without touching the ground until completed each rep. You lie down on your back with your arms straight aligned with the body. Begin with 10 – 15 reps.
7. Legs lift is another effective form targeting lower abs. As you are lying down with both hands extended up, you can feel the thighs are also working as both the legs are straightened. Towards the end of a set, the abs are starting to burn the fat. 10 – 15 reps per set to begin.
Can You Do More Squats A Day To Flatten The Stomach?
Unfortunately, this is not possible. Squats exercises help to burn calories which leads to losing weight but it is not going to get you a flat tummy.
Although you are doing squat exercise regularly, it only tones the muscles, and gets you slimmer by burning more calories which contributed to your overall fat loss.
Will Walking Help To Flatten Your Stomach?
Walking does help you to get in better shape and boost your metabolism which leads to burning calories but may not guarantee will get you a flattened stomach.
Having to say that it is still possible by practicing ‘calorie deficit’ in your diet plan by avoiding unhealthy food high in calories, sugar, carbohydrates, or, sodium.
Not to forget, get into intensive strength workouts such as HIIT and cardio workouts, which should include abs workouts too. This will surely increase the metabolism rates and work your core muscles harder compared to just walking.
TWO Simple Steps To REMOVE ‘visceral belly’ fat (the DEADLIEST type)
1 Trick To Flatten Your Stomach While Driving
Can You Lose Saggy Belly Without Dieting Or Gym?
I don’t think so. You just can’t want it to disappear like that, instead, you can only reduce the belly fat.
There is never a shortcut to achieving anything healthily.
You cannot expect to reduce the saggy belly by continuing to have your favorite junk food without doing any exercise at all. This won’t work, I can assure you that!
There is a need to change your eating habit, start moving your butt to exercise extensively, and also have enough sleep at least six hours a day to speed up your metabolism.
You got to be more active and disciplined if your fitness goal is to get rid of those belly fat.
As you are working out progressively, you are going to notice sooner or later your waistline will decrease, meaning that the visceral body fat inside is decreasing too.
The thing is, you are not in control as to which part of your body fat you want to get rid of. It is your body deciding where to burn the fat, and family genetics does play some roles too.
Are there any fastest ways to burn stubborn tummy fat?
Fastest like how fast? In hours or days, lol!
I would recommend skipping, running, cycling, and cardio or HIIT workouts. If you have a treadmill or exercise bike at home, that would be great, to begin with.
But first, I suggest you create a strategy for burning fat. How many calories to burn per day in a duration that you have set?
To burn fat and ultimately lose weight, you need to shed off more calories than you consume per day. One pound of fat is equal to 3,500 calories. So, just to lose a pound in 7 days, you need to burn 500 calories a day!
How many calories to burn depends on the training intensity, weight, age, and fitness strength.
My Final Thoughts: What Is The Best Exercise To Reduce Saggy Belly Fat
All of us here do have belly fat, even the athletes and sportsmen with flat tummies.
This is completely normal but having too much of these fats stored inside your belly may affect your health more than other types of fats. Skinny people don’t mean they are healthy as they could have issues with their metabolism.
Still curious if you are having too much saggy belly fat? Take a measuring tape by putting it around your waist in a standing position.
Normally, for females, the measurement of waistline should be less than 35 inches while the male is lesser than 40 inches on the waistline.
If the measurement is more than that, time to consider some exercise and a proper diet plan. This indicates that visceral fat is high inside the belly area. Talk with your healthcare expert or personal trainer again.
It doesn’t matter what kind of exercises you are doing for your fitness success, you’ll need great effort, hard work, patience plus a good healthy diet combined to gradually notice a positive result.
Do leave a comment if you have and will interact back within 24 hours.
Have a fabulous home workout!
***This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission when you make a purchase using the links. Prices are the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link. Please see my Affiliate Disclaimer for more details.