Looking to start a new chapter for a healthier challenge ahead?
In search to maximize your daily protein intake but with a vegan source of plant-based protein?
I know, you may or may not need to get supplements protein as your daily food already has this vital nutrient.
Just in case you need to for fitness reasons, what are the pure vegan protein shake powders for weight loss?
Keep reading here.
Why Is Protein Important For Weight Loss?
Sure it does.
This macronutrient is super essential for the body in maintaining overall sustainably good health and losing weight (1).
1. Combined carbs with proteins help slow down the sugar glucose absorption process into the blood, thus stabilizing the blood sugar level. This will prevent you from having more food cravings.
2. Protein help to speed up the fat-burning process. The body in general not only depends on fat to burn energy but also needs help from other nutrients like protein and carbohydrates to sustain muscle mass.
3. Do you know that protein does help in speeding up metabolism resulting in burning more calories even when resting?
4. High-protein helps to control your craving for food more by regulating and reducing the hunger ghrelin and glucagon hormones inside the stomach(2).
5. This macronutrient has a higher form of energy called ‘TEF’ (thermic effect of food)(3), which is vital for the digestion of food process into smaller and easy-to-absorb components. Compared to fats or carbs, protein nutrients make the body burn more calories through this process.
How Much Daily Protein Do You Need?
It depends on the person’s physical activity, age, body weight, and overall energy intake.
A trainer who is working out or active needs more protein intake than the others. Teenagers (14 – 18 years old) normally need lesser protein than their adult counterparts (over 19 years of age). A pregnant or breastfeeding woman needs 25 grams more daily protein than a non-pregnant female (46 grams).
If based on body weight, the minimum recommended daily protein intake is 0.8g per kg of body weight.
The American Dietic Association recommended at least 63 – 113g/ day, although you are advised to consult with your dietician at the same time because the recommended dietary allowance of protein per day is vary by age group and gender.
How Can You Calculate Your Daily Protein Needs?
Dietary guidelines from the USDA had suggested that healthy adults should consume about 10 to 35% of their daily caloric intake(3).
Having said before, the exact protein needed depends on most current muscle mass. The more physical activity you are getting involved in, the more need for protein to repair and regrow the muscle tissues.
If you are chasing to lose weight here, high protein intake help to protect the muscle tissues and cut more calories as your body is losing fat and muscle weight.
Find out more with your personal trainer or dietician again for more protein intake insight tips.
What Is The Plant-based Food High In Protein?
There are a lot of plant-based protein diets available, especially for vegans.
Below food sources are high in protein content (Data gathered from the USDA Food Data Central). Put them into your next grocery shopping list.
1. Tofu (raw, 8g per 100g).
2. Hemp seeds (9.5g per 3 tbsp) or Chia seeds (4.7g per 1 ounce).
3. Nuts (walnuts, cashews, almonds, pecans, pistachios) approximate 5 – 6g per quarter cup.
4. Tempeh (cooked, 20g per 100g).
5. Peanut butter reduced sodium (3.8g per 1 tbsp).
6. Black beans, red beans, kidney beans (averaging 5g per half-cup).
7. Quinoa (type of cereal grains, 4.4g per 100g).
8. Chickpeas (drained, 11g per cup).
9. Lentils (cooked, 18g per cup).
The Best Tasting Weight Loss Protein Powder For Vegan
These are my best picks for protein powders for weight loss.
You are more than welcome to conduct more research on these brands if you wish to.
1. Creamy Vanilla Bean by PlanFusion. Its content is sugar-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, certified Non-GMO, and kosher. Support healthy inflammatory, maintain blood sugar level and gut health.
2. Warrior Blend Vegan Protein Shake by Sunwarrior is a 100% plant-based protein and supplement. Come in 4 different flavors, mocha, vanilla, chocolate, and berry. It is paleo, keto, and grain-free friendly. (Note: Always no stocks with mocha, vanilla, and chocolate flavors, try your luck)
3. Plant Protein Complex, Creamy Vanilla Powder By Now Sports. Contains a blend of protein pea, hemp, and quinoa, and is keto-friendly, egg-free, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, and Non-GMO.
4. Creamy Chocolate Fudge by Orgain Organic Protein is smooth and creamy texture vegan protein. It is gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, lactose-free, kosher, and Non-GMO.
5. Pea Protein Vanilla by Naturade is 100% free of soy, dairy, gluten, and Non-GMO pea protein vanilla shake. Made of natural pea protein isolate to ensure a high level of nutritional value.
6. Chocolate Gold Standard Pea Protein Powders by Growing Naturals is free of gluten, soy, dairy, corn, lactose, Non-GMO and kosher. Perfect choice for building antibodies, tissues, and, healthier bones.
7. Vegan Chocolate Protein Powder by Aloha delivers 18g of plant-based protein sources (hemp, pumpkin, brown rice, and pea protein), and MCTs coconut oil. Free of lactose, gluten, and soy, and is Paleo and Keto-friendly too. (Note: Always no stocks, try your luck)
8. Chocolate Flavored Veggie Protein by MRM is an all-natural vegetarian complex blend with different protein sources (pea, brown rice, pumpkin seed, sunflower seed, chia seed, sacha inchi) which contains fats like omega 3 & 6. The fat together with fiber is vital in reducing stomach discomfort due to bloating. (Note: Always no stocks, try your luck)
What Happens If You Take Too Much Protein?
Don’t be surprised if these things are happening to you. It could be a sign of having too much protein!
1. Bad breath. Now I understand more why my friends kept ‘shoo’ me away when I’m talking with them in person. Some are even more direct telling to my face, lol.
Low carb, high protein is good for reaching the ketosis stage burning fat, and producing energy. However, not so friendly for your breath even if you brush your teeth often. Lacking water intake here.
2. Weight gain can happen if the daily calorie intake exceeded than needed. The extra energy is stored as fat inside the body from the high-protein diets causing weight gain.
3. Pressure on your kidneys when you consume high-protein diets like red meat in the long term because your kidney needs to work harder to flush out the extra nitrogen. This can lead to kidney damage.
4. Higher mortality rate. A person’s lifespan could be shortened especially for red meat animal protein dieters. The chances of dying from cancer disease(4) are four times higher than that of low-protein dieters.
5. You are most likely feeling thirstier than before due to more nitrogen being produced from eating too many protein-rich diets. The excess toxic nitrogen can be flushed out by drinking water which is why increasing water intake is crucial here.
6. Belly fat is forming within your stomach area as you are gaining weight. Any extra protein (not more than 30g per meal) that your body can handle will be stored as fat, especially in the belly area.
7. You may experience constipation if you replace your low-protein, high carbs foods with much higher protein-rich diets. This could affect the fiber nutrient intake to decrease more and lead to bowel problems.
Noting that in general, healthy adult men and women need about 46 – 56 grams of protein per day. However, moderation intake is still advisable. Consult with your nutritionist or doctor for more guidelines.
Or, please refer to this Dietary Reference Intakes chart from the Food & Nutrition Board, Institute of Medicine (US).
My Overall Thoughts: Pure Vegan Protein Shake Powder For Weight Loss
Protein comes in many components like enzymes or antibodies, and each has an important role throughout your body to provide sufficient nutrients.
It is a vital macronutrient to repair and maintain body tissue.
Remember, the key to losing weight effectively is to burn more calories than you can consume every day. Regardless of whether you are considering taking any of these protein powders supplements or not, do continue exercising frequently, and eat a healthy diet consisting of whole grain, lean protein sources, fruits, and vegetables.
Tips: Check your estimated daily caloric needs through the USDA link.
Leave me a comment if you have and I will be back within 24 hours.
To Your Healthy and Successful Home Workout!
***This post may contain affiliate links or advertisements. I receive a small commission when you make a purchase using the links. Prices are the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link. Please see my Affiliate Disclaimer for more details.